Recipe: Make your own cat treats
Recipe: Making cat treats yourself
Today we bring some variety into the kitchen. We will bake spicy treats for your cat. Especially house cats, who want to be challenged again and again, can be motivated to play with these snacks. And the best thing is: It's a simple cup recipe - let's go!
Ingredients for the cat treats:
- ¾-Cup of flour
- ¼-Cup of polenta (corn semolina)
- ¼-Cup of natural yoghurt
- ¾ cup of grated cheese (e.g. Cheddar or Gouda)
- 5 tsp grated parmesan
- some milk
Preparation of the cheese biscuits
- First you mix the flour, e.g. wholemeal flour, with the corn semolina and sprinkle the grated cheese on top. A mild variety, such as Cheddar, Gouda or even Butter cheese, is suitable here - just as you like it.
- Add the yoghurt to the mixture and knead everything thoroughly. Then add a little more milk so that the dough doesn't get too dry.
- Now place the dough (preferably wrapped in cling film) in the fridge for about half an hour to allow it to rest.
- Then you can let your imagination run wild: Roll out the dough and cut out the treats with small biscuit cutters. Alternatively, you can also form a roll with a diameter of about 2 cm and cut slices from it. Place the cut biscuits or slices on a baking tray. If you like, you can sprinkle a few extra crumbles of cheese on top.
- Now place the baking tray in the oven at about 180°C for about 15 minutes. But be careful: it is better to take the cat treats out of the oven a little too early than too late, before they get too hard.
Let the little gourmet treats cool down and see what your cat thinks of the new treats! For the next two weeks, for example, you can help yourself to your homemade treats from the fridge again and again. The homemade cat treats will keep for that long. But remember to give your cat plenty of fluids.
Our tip: refine the cat treats with some salmon oil. This not only gives your biscuits a seductive salmon flavour, but also promotes a healthy immune system of your velvet paw in the cool and lively pre-Christmas season.
Not in the mood to bake yourself?
No problem: Only today you get 20% off all HUNTER cat snacks* - the discount is already deposited for you. Simply order, save money and make yourself and others happy.
*Offer valid on 07.12.2020, only while stocks last. Except already reduced goods.